Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Macbeth

I had heard of Macbeth since i was young. besides, I had watched Macbeth quite a number of times, but, I just do not appreciate the art in it
When I watched it again, together with my friends and classmates, their facial expressions and reactions affected and influenced me. By then only I realized the violence, cruelness, greed and power that embedded in the movie. For the first time I watched this movie, the killing process had no effect on me. However, this time, it made a different. It just made me pray hard to God for mercy on them. In this movie, killing is just like a piece of cake. You will see heads dropping off, blood flow like river. The weapons that they used are sword, axe and dagger. most of the time, they pierced and struck the weapon on the victims and even axed on their back. When Macbeth was killed, his head is chopped off and hang on the castle. However, due to he is in tragic flow, spectators show no emphatic upon his death.
Besides, Macbeth movie also portrayed the role of women as clever, wicked and persuasive. As Macbeth's wife, she got to know the prophecy and thus influenced her husband to fulfill the prophecy.In addition, the three witches that appear to tell Macbeth the prophet, they are clever to predict the future. They also influenced Macbeth and arose his greed and desire on power. Thus, we can see that olden day's stereotyping upon women as helpless, soft are not true.
In conclusion, Macbeth is a play where it portrayed the power of one can have, and how violent people can turn out to be in order to achieve their motive.

No comments: